Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™, introduces the ultimate challenge: our first raid, which is made up of three distinct raid wings. Raids are 10-player, instanced, elite dungeon content that's a challenge unlike anything we've previously released in Guild Wars 2. These raids are meant to put you and your teammates to the test and challenge you to grow your skills as Guild Wars 2 players. Raids are our answer to what skilled PvE players have to look forward to at endgame—the ultimate test to overcome and defeat.
- Players enter a raid as a squad.
- Rewards are limited to once per week.
- Progress within a raid will be saved for players that leave the instance. Restarting an instance will remember progress made if created before the weekly reset at 07:30 UTC (03:30 EST) Monday mornings.
- Raid wings do not need to be completed in a specific order, but the content in each does follow a progressing story.
- There are no waypoints inside raids, but use a checkpoint system and Ley Rifts can be used to teleport to unlocked sections within the raid.
- Defeated allies cannot be revived while in combat and Revive Orbs are disabled. Downed allies can still be revived and rally.
- Call of the Mists (raid effect) (active in the most recent raid wing) — Call of the Mists (raid effect)
- Compendium of Knowledge to progress mastery tracks
- Magnetite Shards can be used to purchase rewards from the Magnetite Shard merchant in the Forsaken Thicket raids
- Unique rewards to each boss chest:
- Additional raids are planned to be included with new releases.
- At this time players cannot use transformation tonics or potions.
- It is possible to enter the raid with a player who has already cleared the wing to do certain achievements that do not involve combat, such as Loot Finder,Piecing It Together or My Hero!.