Ascended equipment is equipment of 升华 quality. All ascended equipment has a level 80 requirement and 5% stronger stats than 特异 quality equipment and equal to 传奇 equipment. All ascended equipment is account bound.
- Ascended armor and weapons have the usual upgrade slot, one slot for armor and one-handed weapons and two slots for two-handed weapons.
- Ascended trinkets and back items, however, do not have an upgrade slot; instead, the equivalent bonuses of an ascended jewel are added to the inherent attribute bonuses. In most cases the built-in jewel matches the prefix of the base item, but in some cases they differ. For example, the Jade Wind Orb has Dire base stats (Condition Damage, Toughness, Vitality), but the built-in jewel has Rabid stats (Condition Damage, Precision, Toughness).
- Ascended items also have an infusion slot (or two in the case of two-handed weapons). Infusions, which mainly provide agony resistance but can also (or instead) provide a small amount of extra stats, can be inserted into these slots
- Ascended rings can be infused and attuned, each of which adds an extra infusion slot (for a total of 3).
- Ascended back items can be infused to add one extra infusion slot. The only exception is the Bough of Melandru, which already has both slots in the uninfused version.
- Ascended amulets have an enrichment slot instead of an infusion slot. These are mechanically similar to infusion slots, but only accept enrichments (which provide bonus gold from monsters, magic find, experience from kills or karma).
Most ascended trinkets are marked unique, meaning you cannot equip two identical trinkets at the same time.
- The exception being ascended rings and accessories from Raids.
- There are usually two unique rings or accessories for any given set of stats (for instance 赤死之戒 and 晶玉指环 for Berserker's stats rings), both of which can be equipped at once.
- Attuned or infused rings don't count as the same item, so it's possible to equip a ring together with its own infused or attuned version.
- 主要页面：Stat changing
- In the storyline of Guild Wars, Ascension was a rite that players had to go through in order to gain the Gift of True Sight, which allowed them to see and fight the mursaat. To defend against the Spectral Agony used by the foes, players could infuse their armor, similar to using infusion against the Agony effect of bosses in 迷雾碎层.
- Ascended equipment types were released in separate 释放s:
- 戒指s and back items were introduced with 迷失海岸 and were originally available only in 迷雾碎层 (November 16, 2012)
- 项链s were introduced with Flame and Frost: Prelude (January 28, 2013)
- Accessories were introduced with Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm (February 26, 2013)
- 武器s were introduced with Super Adventure Box: Back to School (September 3, 2013)
- 护甲 was introduced with A Very Merry Wintersday 2013 (December 10, 2013)
- Breathers were introduced with 激战2：决战迈古玛 (October 23, 2015).
- Originally, the stats on ascended items were displayed in two parts: the base attributes and the upgrade-equivalent values. The May 28, 2013 update changed the display so that each attribute appears only once.