A support Firebrand build for WvW. Provides a large amount of Stability, powerful healing, cleansing and boon support.
模板:Skillbar variant Brings a powerful block and boon support at the cost of CC.
- "接受圣光！" viable burst heal option.
Trade 净化火焰 for
- 专注复苏 Personal defense
- 一心惩戒 if not running a Consecration utility
- 不屈勇气 group stunbreak and Stability, preferred option if having multiple guards, on the same party, using Virtues as 战斗灵气 does not stack.
- 解放之誓 for Quickness uptime if 3 extra tome pages aren't needed.
Swap Virtues to Valor for more personal sustain and 勇气圣书 availability at the cost of general improvements for tomes. Recommended as a second Firebrand in a party.
- 群体防御 excellent passive healing bonus, preferred option if having multiple guards, on the same party, using Valor as 众志成城 does not stack.
- 碗装薄荷配菜水果沙拉 Feast option with additional concentration
- 模板:Giver can be an easier stat to obtain stat in place of Minstrel's but loses effective health.
- 模板:Cleric can be used to add healing power at the cost of boon support and personal sustain.
- 超级耐久符文 strongest boon support and defensive option with less healing
- 超级怜悯符文 strong option for GvG
- 超级奉献符文 for more condition clear with stab mantra.
Switch 超级转移法印 for:
- 超级专注法印 for boon uptime.
- 超级亲善法印 when confident on 25 stack uptime.
- 超级新生法印 AoE heal on weapon/tome swaps.
- 尚雅保养油 boon duration option.
- Under General Options / User Interface check "Always show squad health bars" and "Always show party health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support. "Thick squad health bars" and "Thick party health bars" are even better but are up to personal preference.
- Under "Squad Options" uncheck "View as a grid". This will allow you to keep track of your allies' boons, conditions and health, enabling a better decision-making and skill management.
- 决心圣书 and 勇气圣书 both bring new skill sets which grant access to an extremely powerful boon support, healing and cleanses as well as unique buffs for your group. Knowing when to enter or to stow a tome, which tomes skills must be prioritized based on the situation and how to play while a tome is on cooldown are fundamental.
- Outside of tomes usage and in between tomes usage; Staff, Mace/Axe and Shield skills along with your Mantras and utilities, coupled with various traits will provide a consistent and strong group support.
- 无私英勇 and 纯洁之心 make up a significant part of your group healing. Try to use your dodge rolls and Aegis skills not only just for personal defense but also when your group requires some healing. Remember, going into/out tomes and swapping weapons procs Superior Sigil of Superior Sigil of Energy.
"Stand Your Ground!" is an immensely strong and game changing skill. Being able to deny up to five crowd control skills for ten people makes it an indispensable skill on this build.
- This is your main and most important source of group stability. It is an opener, don't use it prior to an imminent or at the moment the engage happens, use it preemptively (like 3-4s before) since the stability from SYG has a considerabĺe duration and you have other skills that can upkeep stability after that as well. Thus, allies won't get caught behind by CC skills like 天降巨锤 or 夺魂印记.
- If you are CC'ed, don't use SYG as a stunbreak unless absolutely neccessary. Use 自由咒语.
- All tomes retain their passives after activation due to 博学之士 , so don't hesitate to use them if your group is pressured. It's possible to switch directly from tome to tome.
- There are 2 sources of self Quickness in the build: entering a tome and stowing a tome. Use these brief windows to land tome #4 and #5 skills faster, to recharge depleted Mantras or to 能量引导.
- Swapping out of a tome sends it on cooldown even if you didn't consume all the pages. Therefore, try to only enter a tome if you can make full use of it. Skills #4 and #5 are usually the strongest but with the longest recharge, look after using them at least twice before running out of pages whenever that's possible.
Filler tome that's low on the priority list, won't be used much unless you are out of options: need a quick CC, need to proc Superior Sigil of Energy or have to contribute with some damage.
- Keep in mind that you will be giving free Aegis for enemies if they convert your Burning from the tome skills. Therefore, try to only pull this tome when it's going to be impactful somehow, like cleaving and snowball'ing on the enemy group.
- Epilogue Ashes of the Just will be used for a group damage increase.
- Chapter 4 Scorched Aftermath use this when pushing through enemies, trading sides or cleaving.
- Chapter 3 Heated Rebuke is the only CC on this tome, and a rather good one at that. As usual, CCs are mostly situational.
- Chapter 1 Searing Spell spam can add some 600-range cleave, but it's somewhat unimportant in this build.
Tome of Resolve brings high healing, condition cleansing, condition conversion, as well as a unique boon called Epilogue Eternal Oasis for your party. As a support Firebrand you will be able to fully heal allies with only a few skills so you may sometimes need to camp the tome.
- Epilogue Eternal Oasis try to use this as the first and the last tome skill for the increased incoming healing effectiveness on your allies (especially useful there is another support in your party). It can also be used to nullify condition pressure when going through shade bombs or being pushed by enemies and granting boons to allies.
- Chapter 4 Shining River is a priority skill and usually the 2nd you will use after entering the tome for continuous AoE healing. Since it is static: try to cast it on top of the zerg or a little bit ahead of your commander if he is moving.
- Chapter 3 Azure Sun won't be used unless you need some Vigor uptime.
- Chapter 2 Radiant Recovery is a solid skill (with low cooldown) that will be used whenever moderate condition removal is needed. It has an average priority and it works well with 学识咒语 if Tome 2 #5 is not available. Try to hug your allies to ensure they get affected by the skill since it has a small radius.
- Chapter 1 Desert Bloom use it as a filler heal when necessary if your group is under heavy damage pressure. Also usable due to its range to heal allies who are out of position from a safe distance. Be careful to not spam since this isn't a priority tome skill.
- Constantly look at your party members' health and conditions. Knowing if it's better to use Chapter 2 Radiant Recovery or Epilogue Eternal Oasis based on the amount of conditions they have, or if an ally that you can't see on your screen needs healing based on his health. For example:
- If under heavy damage pressure: 决心圣书 ⇒ Chapter 4 Shining River ⇒ Chapter 1 Desert Bloom (x times). Epilogue Eternal Oasis usable if you need the incoming healing modifier. Use Mantras as well if needed.
- If under heavy condition pressure: 决心圣书 ⇒ Epilogue Eternal Oasis ⇒ Chapter 2 Radiant Recovery (if condi are still an issue) or Chapter 4 Shining River. Use Mantras as well if needed.
Tome of Courage provides a very strong boon support and great access to stability, as well a unique passive bonus for your party. This tome will likely be prioritized over Tome of Resolve unless you are the second FB in the party.
- Epilogue Unbroken Lines grants allies several defensive boons and extra armor through toughness, enabling a better survivability for DPS classes. Try to use as the 2nd and the last tome skill or whenever committing for a push or being heavily pressured.
- Chapter 4 Stalwart Stand is your opener tome skill against condition pressure and one of strongest tools in the build. The Resistance makes it an extremely powerful ability to temporaly nulify any condition in a large area, notably helpful against negative effects like Cripple, Immobilize and Chill. Use it to negate scourges' shades and red circles in a big area, also usable when pushing or retreating to ensure that allies caught behind receive the resistance pulse. Since it is static, try to cast it on top of the zerg or, if your commander is moving, a little ahead based on his movement.
- Chapter 3 Valiant Bulwark will only be used to reflect projectiles or to stack Protection. Don't prioritize this skill. It can be placed on top of your blob, between zergs or into the enemy zerg to ensure any outgoing projectile gets reflected.
- Chapter 2 Daring Challenge is a low priority tome skill. Should only be used while on melee range, when trading sides or going through the enemy zerg and to disrupt enemies trying to manually resurrect or trying to cleave your allies. Can also be used on enemies stuck inside friendly 弱化之风 to prevent then from dodging out or escaping.
- Chapter 1 Unflinching Charge don't spam it mindlessly, use it to fill the stability gaps from SYG. Since it has 600-range, can be used to boon support allies behind from a safe distance.
- Always check your party' boons to be sure you are not wasting a tome page, giving a boon that is well covered or, for example, landing Chapter 4 Stalwart Stand when there's few red circles on top of your group and no conditions on your party.
- If under heavy damage pressure: 勇气圣书 ⇒ Epilogue Unbroken Lines ⇒ Chapter 4 Stalwart Stand. Use Mantras as well if needed.
- If under heavy condition pressure: 勇气圣书 ⇒ Chapter 4 Stalwart Stand ⇒ Epilogue Unbroken Lines. Use Mantras as well if needed.
- Position yourself a little behind to ensure your allies are being affected by your mantra skills.
- Given enough time Mantras will recover their charges so long as at least one charge's left, so think twice before using the final charge - that's the most powerful one, but will put the Mantra on full CD.
- You can still use Mantras while CC'ed.
- 慰藉咒语 is your healing skill. It allowd you to constantly share Aegis to your sub.
- 暂时恢复 should be shared with as many allies as possible. They do not receive the initial healing, but they do gain Aegis with all its related trait benefits.
- Aegis can be shared with downed players when you're manually reviving them in case they are being cleaved down.
- 再生舒缓 is the final charge and only heals you more.
- 学识咒语 is your on demand AoE cleansing skill.
- 开放通道 use it whenever minor/moderate condition clear is required for you or your party. Always check if your allies have conditions on then, thus you don't waste a mantra's charge for nothing.
- 总结陈词 is the final charge. Only use this skill if you don't have any access to condi clear/mitigation sources ( 决心圣书 on CD for example) and are being heavily condition pressured. Be sure you are facing the right way to ensure your allies are benefited as well.
- 自由咒语 is your on demand AoE stunbreak and Stability skill. Bear in mind it has a long charge time and recharge time once depleted.
- 自由征兆 will often be used whenever minor Stability or a stunbreak is necessary. Recommended to use this skill (along with healing mantra) over SYG if you aren't sure if the enemy zerg is going to push, or if they are just fake pushing to burn your CDs; and when your commander is committing for small and ranged skirmishes. Can also be used as a stability filler if you don't have Tome 3 or SYG available, but is strongly discouraged. At last, will be used as a stunbreak for you and allies if you need to escape, for example, from an enemy 弱化之风. Stunbreaks also deny Fear if you can't cleanse it.
- 运输无阻 is similar to SYG, but 5-man only, will be mainly used for the stability output for your party whenever you lack other big stability sources, or need a stunbreak instantly, don't be afraid to use if your party really needs it. If either Tome 3 or SYG are about to go back, don't use the last charge, try to fill with aegis from mantra or weapon skills. Always check your party' stability to ensure you are not over-booning.
Staff brings solid and versatile 1,200-range skills which can be used either offensively, as ground control and CC, or defensively, through Might share, healing and cleanses.
- 神圣打击 provides an AoE healing burst that can be used to support caught allies, trying to reposition themselves, from a safe distance. Since it's static, try to cast it based on your ally' movement.
- Use it, preemptively, on top of your group to mitigate incoming damage. Also, if possible and opportune, try to cast it on top of combo fields, especially on light and water fields.
- At last, can be used as an offensive skill if the supportive aspect isn't required.
- 迅捷符印 is useful to upkeep Superior Rune of Superior Rune of the Monk 6th effect.
- Constantly use it, while your group is standing (not moving), to stack Swiftness for allies. Be careful to not place it when your commander is asking to blast smoke fields, unless you want to get yelled at.
- Can also be blasted by 神圣打击 for minor condition clear or used as ranged forward pressure.
- 能量引导 It is recommend to have "Stow Weapon" binded for using this skill properly.
- Pay attention to "Empower" call outs. Ensuring your allies get 12 stacks of Might, prior to a fight, is essential to hit your enemy harder. Don't drop your current Tome to Empower allies, unless you have few pages left.
- Empower grants a strong healing through its full channel and shouldn't only be used as a pre-buff skill. Use it during the fights whenever swapping to Staff or stowing a Tome.
- Bear in mind this skill has a long channel time, meaning that you stand still for a considerable time. Always be ready to "Stow Weapon" to cancel it if needed.
- 守护界线 negates evades frames which means enemies without Stability will get knockdown anyway, even if they dodge. You can "Stow Weapon" if you notice the line won't be effective like in situations, for example, where an enemy group is fake pushing.
Use Axe/Shield for both defensive support from the shield and for offensive plays with 燃焰利刃, an AoE pull. Synergizes well with 'melee ball' playstyle.
- 复仇符印 use it after pulling enemies with Blazing Edge to AoE Cripple then. Can also be used to cleave downed foes and/or to share Fury for your party. Useful to upkeep Superior Rune of Superior Rune of the Monk 6th effect.
- 燃焰利刃 combos effectively with 沙漠之幕 and with 弱化之风, where you can pull enemies back inside of your group's ground pressure.
- 裁决盾击 will be used to upkeep Aegis and Protection, mainly when 勇气圣书 isn't available. Use whenever pushing to give your frontline defensive boons.
- 吸收护盾 use it to knockback enemies attempting to res/stomp. Futhermore, use it to support by either double tapping for a large burst AoE heal or channeling for projectile defense.