定义职业可以使用五种核心特长和一个精英特长。特性基于栏位不同可以分为两类：次要和主要 - 三个预先固定不能修改的特性和三个主要特性（每级可以选择并使用一个特性）。特性分为三级： are grouped into three tiers: 专家，大师和宗师。这些特性需要在训练页面通过依次花费英雄点解锁。特性在特长面板选择恰当的专长后才能使用。
- Players no longer need to spend varying amount of points into a specialization (formerly "trait line"), instead all specialization slots are fully unlocked to trait into, therefore making it possible to pick three grandmaster major traits at the same time.
- Many traits have been merged with others, while some have been completely culled, resulting in less traits to choose from but with greater impact on gameplay; because of these changes, players have three major traits for every tier (adept, master, and grandmaster). For some professions, several minor traits had their effects increased, so choosing a specific specialization may become scope-defining.
- The number of possible trait allocations for each profession, assuming all points were used, was reduced from 364,917,960 to 196,830.
- Specializations aren't attached to attributes as trait lines were, so choosing a specialization doesn't change values on the Hero Panel (except for condition duration, and boon duration, which are only increased by trait effects, sigils or runes). To make up for this loss of attribute points all exotic or better equipment have had their attributes increased.
- As attributes are divorced from specializations, the profession-specific mechanics' recharge reduction (eg. Attunement Recharge Rate) had its full percentage attached to a trait.
- Traits are now unlocked through Training Panel by spending hero points (formerly skill points) earned from levelling or completing hero challenges (formerly skill challenges) throughout the world. It is no longer possible to buy trait guides from vendors, or unlock them by completing tasks in the world anymore.
- As trait lines are gone, specializations took up their place not only by replacing terminology and trait lines but also introducing a new system to expand professions' progression - the elite specializations - which drastically changes a profession gameplay, adding a full new set of traits, and unlocking access to a previously unavailable weapon, and a skill type.
- This update made numerous changes to the trait system as part of the Spring 2014 Feature Pack.
- Automatic tier unlocks. Previously, each tier had to be unlocked by purchasing a trait manual; tiers also could be unlocked earlier, at levels 11, 40, and 60.
- Unlock system for major traits. Previously, major traits were all unlocked by default. Existing characters retained the unlocked traits.
- Trait points were condensed by a factor of 5. In the original system, points accrued at a rate of 1 per level starting at level 11, for a total of 70 points. Each point only gave +10 to attributes, and 5 points were required to activate each minor trait/major trait slot; a maximum of 30 points could be spent per trait line.
- Free trait point refunds outside of structured PvP. Previously, points could only be refunded for a fee at profession trainers or by using an Instant Trait Reset.
- A 13th major trait was added to every trait line.
- 特性系统在第二次Beta Weekend Event之前被重新设计成等级。
Lua错误 模块:GetData/Professions的第154行：table index is nil