Note that "Unique" does not imply that it's only possible to obtain one of the given item. In most cases, you can obtain multiple copies of the item. You just cannot equip more than one of them on the same character at the same time.
- Can be equipped together
- A Ring of Red Death and a Crystalline Band — they are different items, even though they are both Berserker stats.
- A Ring of Red Death and a Ring of Red Death (Infused) — these are considered different items.
- A Ring of Red Death and an Attuned Ring of Red Death — again, these are different items.
- Cannot be equipped together
- Two Ancient Karka Shells, even though you have two accessory slots.
- A Ring of Red Death with an empty infusion slot, and a Ring of Red Death with a Versatile Simple Infusion slotted — they are the same item, regardless of the slotted upgrade.
- Uniqueness is mostly correlated with ascended rarity, but there are ascended items without Unique, and non-ascended items with Unique.
- Certain trophies and other items have the unique property, even though it has no impact on their functionality. Similarly, the unique property has no effect on back equipment and amulets, because only one of each type can be equipped anyway.
- The technical implementation is that no two unique items with the same item id may be equipped. This is why inserting upgrades makes no difference, but infusing or attuning a ring does.
List of unique equipment
Almost all ascended trinkets are Unique, except for the following items:
Some non-ascended trinkets are Unique:
Many, but not all, ascended and legendary backpacks are Unique, but this has no impact on their use because you can only equip one back item at a time anyway.