Listen closely. There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.
Marjory Delaqua is a human detective of Canthan descent. She is the business as well as romantic partner of Kasmeer Meade, and forms half of Delaqua Investigations. She was formerly a member of the Durmand Priory and still occasionally exchanges information with them. In 1326 AE, after the murder of Captain Theo Ashford, Marjory was tasked with locating the Aetherblade Retreat, an endeavor in which she was highly successful.
Marjory got her start in the Ministry Guard of Divinity's Reach, but left after witnessing Ministry Guard Henrick Baker murder a young boy for threatening to unravel a conspiracy surrounding a Minister who captured and tortured a woman with dark magic. The boy's ghost entrusted his weapons to Marjory, but unfortunately the ghost was dispersed by Kraig the Bleak before Marjory could interrogate it properly. With the help of a mysterious benefactor known only as "E", Marjory then decided to leave the Ministry and become a private investigator. The case of the ghost boy remains unsolved to this day.
When the Tower of Nightmares appeared in Kessex Hills, Marjory and Kasmeer were there on the scene to investigate. With the help of adventurers, Marjory was able to develop an antitoxin for Scarlet's poison and deliver it to the heart of the tower, destroying it. She later fought the Twisted Marionette in Lornar's Pass with Braham, Rox, and Taimi. Later, Marjory once again puts her head together with Kasmeer (and Vorpp) trying to determine Scarlet's plans, and concluded she was aiming to attack Lion's Arch.
The group were too late to stop the attack, but Marjory and Kasmeer travelled to the besieged city nonetheless to assist in the evacuation of its citizens. After the miasma cleared out, they joined the assault of the occupied city, and eventually found themselves aboard the Breachmaker, Scarlet's airship. Marjory and Braham approached Scarlet, intending to put her down, but were knocked back by a powerful blast, with Braham injured and Marjory thought dead. However, Rox was able to work some battlefield magic on her whilst an enraged Kasmeer engaged Scarlet.
- Living World Season 1
- Ep.7: Hard Boiled, Every Piece Matters, No More Secrets
- Ep.13: The Nightmare Unveiled
- Ep.14: Nightmare Chamber, The Nightmare Incarnate
- Special Event: The Nightmare Ends
- Ep.16: The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- Ep.17: The Dead End: Advanced Warning, The Dead End: A Study in Scarlet
- Ep.18: Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)
- Ep.19: Lion's Arch (Enemy Controlled), Scarlet's End
- Ep.20: The Dead End (Aftermath)
- Living World Season 2
- Ep.1: Disturbance in Brisban Wildlands, Fallen Hopes, Cornered, Prosperity's Mystery
- Ep.2: Scarlet's Secret Room, Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough, Trouble at Fort Salma
- Ep.4: The World Summit
- Ep.5: The Ghosts of Fort Salma, Hidden Arcana
- Ep.6: Return to Camp Resolve, Into the Labyrinth
- Ep.7: The Newly Awakened, Meeting the Asura, No Refuge
- Ep.8: Arcana Obscura, The Mystery Cave
- Rending Claws- 用鬼爪劈砍敌人，并使其易伤。对于生命值低于临界值的敌人，易伤的效果增加。
- Ghastly Claws- 召唤鬼爪，急速劈砍敌人，每一击均可获得生命之力。目标每获得一层易伤，受到的伤害都会增加。
- Unholy Feast- 使附近的敌人残废，把他们的增益转化成症状。对于生命值低于临界值的敌人释放不洁爆炸。
- Deathly Swarm- 释放一波虫群，使多名敌人目盲。成功命中敌人时向其转移三个症状。
- Enfeebling Blood- 使目标区域的敌人虚弱和流血。
- Summon Flesh Wurm- 仆从召唤一个无法移动的血肉地虫来攻击敌人。
For previous dialogue, see here.
- "I personally reported your victory over Scarlet to Logan Thackeray. He sends his regards."
That was kind of you.
- "It was purely selfish. For the first time in my life, I actually feel sincere when I brag about the people I fight beside. I never felt that in the Ministry Guard."
Why did you quit the Guard anyway?
- "That's a long story, perhaps from another day. I'll just say that I overstayed my welcome."
Did they kick you out?
- "No. I quit of my own accord. I guess I couldn't take the political games anymore. I'm a simple woman. Right and wrong. Truth and lies. I'm not a fan of gray."
- Their loss is our gain.
- I see.
- I see.
For previous dialogue, see here.
- Join me.
- It's you.
- Can't get enough of me, huh?
- You're my lucky charm.
- Well, hello there.
- Hey, sugar.
- Hello, good-lookin'.
- Combat chatter
- Here we go.
- Enemy downed
- Okay. If that's how you wanna play it.
- See you...on the other side.
- Marjory Delaqua render.jpg
Portrait by Jamie Ro.
- Kasmeer Marjory Kiss.jpg
Kasmeer, kissing Marjory after finding her to still be alive.
- Marjory is voiced by Sumalee Montano.
- Much of Marjory's dialogue is delivered in a film noir style.
- She wears Trickster's Light-Armor Skin, which was eventually made available to players via the Gem Store.
- Marjory's house is located in the Eastern Commons of Divinity's Reach
- The building was first labeled as "The Delaqua Residence" as part of the Edge of the Mists release.
- The name on the door is listed as "M. Delaqua" and a handwritten addition reads "K. Meade," suggesting that the couple had moved in together.
- An alternate version of the Battle for Lion's Arch included a cutscene in which Marjory died.
- She has 3 sisters, one of which is Belinda Delaqua. The names of the other two are not known, but both are said to be married.
- Majory Delaqua is one of the first necromancers to fight with a greatsword (it was given to her in The Ghosts of Fort Salma, and first used during Return to Camp Resolve).