24px|left Magnetite Shards are a currency earned by participating in events in the Forsaken Thicket and Bastion of the Penitent raid. They are stored in the wallet and can be traded with Scholar Glenna within the raids for raid-specific items, and with Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative within the Lion's Arch Aerodrome for generic ascended items. It is possible to earn up to 150 Magnetite Shards from events, boss attempts and kills each week. Extra shards above the cap can be acquired by trading in raid dropped minis to Scholar Glenna or Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative and salvaging ascended raid drops.
- Awarded for killing bosses and completing events while in Forsaken Thicket and Bastion of the Penitent.
- Awarded for unsuccessful attempts at defeating bosses, based on the progression in the fight.
- Starting at 75% of health left, players get one shard, and another two for each multiple of 25% of health lost. For example, if a team wipes below 25%, they get 5 shards each.
- Trading raid dropped minis, eg. Mini Vale Guardian to Scholar Glenna or Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative (40 shards each).
- Salvaging ascended weapons, armor and trinkets dropped by bosses, eg. Assaulter's Sparking Dagger (60 shards each).
- Trading Gaeting Crystals with Scholar Glenna at a 1:1 ratio
|Spirit Woods (closing the Spectral Rifts)||2|
|Spirit Woods (escaping the ghost wall)||3|
|Spirit Woods (opening the gates of the cemetery)||1|
|Gorseval the Multifarious||14|
|Clear the bandits||2|
|Sabetha the Saboteur||18|
|Cull the bandits||3|
|Stronghold of the Faithful||50|
|Siege the Stronghold||10|
|Navigate the Twisted Castle||5|
|Bastion of the Penitent||60|
|Cairn the Indomitable||10|
This item is not salvaged from any salvage items.
- Scholar Glenna
- Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative
- Portable Magnetite Shard Exchange
- Selling raid dropped minis to Scholar Glenna and salvaging raid drop ascended weapons, armor and trinkets does not count towards the weekly cap for Magnetite Shards, allowing a player to obtain more than 150 shards per week.
- Ascended raid drop weapons and armor that have been reforged to have different stats cannot then be salvaged for Magnetite Shards.
- You are able to spend Magnetite shards for ascended armor via Basic Magnetite Exchange Operative. Full set this way costs 1 300 shards, with 150 cap it will take about 9 weeks of reaching the cap to obtain full set of armor.
- Magnetite is a naturally occurring form of iron ore, abundantly found in the mountains. It can form natural permanent magnets, called lodestones, due to the Earth's magnetic field.
- The Magnetite Shard cap was 105 per week but was stealth changed in an update to 100 per week. The Stronghold of the Faithful release included a further undisclosed increase to 150 of the weekly cap.