A mount race is an event in which players use their mount to compete against each other to be the first to reach the finish line.
Before the race starts, players will need to register with a Race Organizer before they can begin the race. Prior to each race starting, there will be a blue box that players can enter that will automatically initiate a conversation with the Race Organizer.
Speaking with the Race Organizer before the race has begun will grant the player the
buff. This buff will remind you to head back to the starting area when there is one minute remaining until the race begins. Players will need to be in the starting area before the timer ends or else they will be disqualified and must re-register for the race before starting. If the race has begun, players will need to walk up to the Race Organizer in order to register.
During the race, players will have to run through checkpoints spread over a wide area. Players will need to look out for obstacles such as cliffs and hostile enemies that may have wandered onto the race track. If a player has been defeated at any point during the race, they will be disqualified and must re-register if they wish to try again.
List of races
Roller beetle races
- ↑ The Halloween race ends three minutes after the first player crosses the finish line.
- You are not required to be on your mount the entire race. This means you can change your mount mid-race if you feel there is a better mount suited for the terrain. However, the recommended mount will be required to get past certain obstacles that most mounts cannot, such as a chasm.
- Before changing mounts, though, avoid engaging mobs; otherwise, it won't be possible to mount up again until out of combat.
- A mount's third mastery is not required to complete any race, although it does make traversing some terrain easier.
- The Jackal's fourth mastery Adroit Evasion will allow all your mounts to evade attacks while using their movement abilities.
- It's recommended to always have at least one use of your mount's movement ability recharging.
- Be careful to not use all of your mount's endurance before you need to use its skill.
- You do not need to cross in between each checkpoint. Passing over it will still give you credit.
- You can enable the "Disable Conditional Mount Movement Ability Input" option so that your mount's ability is not connected to your jump key (default: Space). In order to use your mount's ability, you would have to to use your Mount Ability 1 key (default: V) instead. This allows your jump key to make your mount do a small jump instead of charging its ability. (Only applicable to Raptor, Springer, Jackal and Roller Beetle.)
- Players that do not own any mount can temporarily rent one for 10 from Mount rentals during seasonal festivals:
- While mounts are recommended, it is possible to do an entire race on foot (except for environmental hazard segments).
- One dynamic event in Domain of Vabbi lets you mount a Junundu wurm and complete a race with it.
- The Super Adventure Festival includes a race around the Super Adventure Box as of 2018. While this race is in the same style as mount races, due to being located inside the Super Adventure Box hub, players cannot use mounts.