- 1 Getting there
- 2 Mechanics
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Maps
- 5 Tournaments
- 6 Notes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 External links
- 9 References
- PvP panel (no default shortcut)
- Game Browser — joining a custom arena will cause the character to join the match instantly
- Unranked and Ranked Arenas — characters must be in the Heart of the Mists to join the queue for these arenas
- PvP Browser NPC in the Hall of Memories in the Heart of the Mists opens the PvP panel.
- 主要页面：PvP Build
Characters used in structured PvP gain access to a separate PvP Build. This mechanic allows players to be on an equal playing field with the same attributes, skills, traits, and equipment options as other players. Players can change the character's build through the PvP Build panel.
Two teams are matched up against each other. In a standard match, the objective is to be the first team to reach 500 points. Points are awarded through holding capture points and kills. There are 3 capture points on each map, and when captured, each location grants one point every two seconds. Each player kill grants five points. If neither team reaches 500 points, the team with the most points will be declared the winner after the 15 minute time limit. Each map has unique secondary mechanics.
Custom Arenas, also known as custom arenas or hot-join, use a game selection system which allows players to join a game based on map and available space. In this arena, players can join matches already in progress, so the number of active players can change over the course of the match as people join or leave. The game tries to keep teams even by changing a player's team if one team has two or more players than the other.
Many server-created matches with generic match settings are available. Additional matches can be created with a Custom Arena Starter Kit, allowing players to customize the settings.
- Custom Arena Starter Kit— Used to create a new PvP Custom Arena with 30 days of play time. Double-click to open the "Create Custom Arena" panel.
- Custom Arena Time Tokens — Used to add one day of time to a Custom Arena. Used from your Custom Arena management panel or double-click while playing in any Custom Arena to add time to that arena.
Unranked and ranked arenas are more competitive game modes. Each arena consists of teams of 5 versus 5, and players can queue for a game while alone or while in a group. PvP Builds are locked after the match has started. All queued players are prompted to accept the match before it can start. Once all 10 players are ready, a map will be selected through a vote and the match will begin. Ranked arenas require the account to reach PvP Rank 20 and above before participating.
- The PvP matchmaking algorithm is the Glicko2 matchmaking rating (MMR) and helps match players with other players with similar skill levels.
- The metrics used during matchmaking include: rating, rank, party size, profession, ladder position, and dishonor.
- Players can search for parties for Unranked and Ranked Arenas in categories in the Looking For Group tool.
- Games will no longer autobalance after one team has reached 80% of the maximum score if the game ends by score.
- Games will no longer autobalance when within two minutes of the end of the game if the game ends by time.
- Autobalance functionality has been updated to give a new volunteer bonus to any players who volunteer for balancing, as well as giving any players balanced the winner bonus. When volunteers are lacking, random selection will be used.
Dishonor is a system to prevent players from joining unranked and ranked arenas after player misconduct, such as leaving or not participating (AFKing) in matches. Each instance of undesired behavior will immediately result in a timeout and increase the player's dishonor stat. Frequent misbehaving will result in increased duration of timeouts. Dishonor is not currently active.
Rewards from structured PvP matches include rank points and coin. Players joining an already running match late may receive reduced rewards. Rank points from custom arenas (hot join) is capped at 10,000 points.
| Unranked Arena
| Unranked Arena
- 练习房 — 最多5
- 非排位 — 最多 15
- 排位 — 最多 15 [verification requested]
- 主要页面：PvP Reward Track
Reward tracks are goals that can be activated in the PvP panel. Each track has 8 tiers, each tier has 5 rewards. Reward track progress is not related to PvP rank points. Players can only make progress on a single reward track at a time. Custom Arena / hot join progression is capped at two tiers per day, thus requiring a minimum of four days to complete.
Whenever an account reaches a new PvP Rank, the player receives a rank-up chest based on the rank earned.
- Small Rank-Up ChestFor Ranks 2-9
- Medium Rank-Up ChestFor Ranks 10-29
- Large Rank-Up ChestFor Ranks 30+
For every 10 ranks earned, a new finisher is unlocked for the account.
- Rabbit Rank Finisher (rank 1)
- Deer Rank Finisher (rank 10)
- Dolyak Rank Finisher (rank 20)
- Wolf Rank Finisher (rank 30)
- Tiger Rank Finisher (rank 40)
- Bear Rank Finisher (rank 50)
- Shark Rank Finisher (rank 60)
- Phoenix Rank Finisher (rank 70)
- Dragon Rank Finisher (rank 80)
For unranked and ranked arenas, players are prompted to vote on a map from a pool of 3 options before the match begins. Each map is randomly selected based on a weighted roll determined by how many players selected that map.
List of structured PvP maps
Various tournaments offer prizes for competing and placing in each.
- Guild Wars 2 World Tournament Series — an international competition between teams from China, Europe, and North America
- Tournament of Glory — rewards Glorious Hero's armor and other items
- Tournament of Legends — rewards legendary weapons, components to craft them, and other items
- Go4GuildWars2 Cup Series — weekly competitions to enter the monthly final
- The sPvP servers are not tied to a specific world. From the lobby, you can actually get teamed up with or against players from other worlds.
- Scores are tracked on the scoreboard. Player statistics are tracked and used to generate a player ranking.
- It is possible for both teams to reach a score of 500 simultaneously. In this scenario (or if both teams are tied as time expires), the winning team is chosen by summing the individual players scores for each team.
- Raid on the Capricorn map, which contained an underwater capture point, has been removed.
- Glorious Reward Track was added with September 2014 Feature Pack
- Both Ranked and Unranked wins will contribute to the achievement and title totals.
- There used to be paid tournaments, which required tournament tickets to join and included gem rewards for winning teams. These were eliminated in favor of free 2-team tournaments in the February 26th 2013 update, which also introduced a vendor that lets players exchange left-over tournament tickets for reward chests.
- 8-team Free Tournaments were disabled as of the 28th of March, 2013.
- The announcer voice is Jon St. John.
- Glory, Rank reward chests and Match Win Reward Chests were removed as rewards in the March 18, 2014 game update.
- Glory Vendors and PvP equipment were removed in the April 15, 2014 game update.
- Arenas and matchmaking were changed in the December 2, 2014 game update.
- Structured PvP leaderboard
- Guild Wars 2 Developer Guide: sPvP for beginners on Youtube
- Guild Wars 2 Developer Guide: Intro to sPvP on Youtube
- Guild Wars 2 PvP Events playlist on YouTube
- https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/pvp/Dishonor-NOT-turned-on-Dec-2-update/first#post4587559 Dishonor not active
- About lore and mechanics with Eric Flannum: GuildWars.pl Exclusive, GuildWars2.pl
- Kotaku Live Q&A
- Guild Wars 2 Interview Part 1: Fighting Fires, Rock, Paper, Shotgun