A PvP guardian build that has a very versatile support toolkit. Guardian's great at providing strong defensive boons for the team, including Stability, Protection and Aegis. The build also has plenty of group cleansing and raw healing, not to mention a ranged rez.
- Mace over Sword - more forgiving and beginner friendly option with increased sustain/support but lower mobility. Take 活力壁垒 on Honor.
- Under General Options / User Interface enable "Thick party health bars" and "Always show health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support.
- Your role is to rotate wherever the teamfight is and keep your team alive.
- "接受圣光！" has an aftercast duration. If you cancel it (for example, by dodging) shout/healing skill related effects such as 疗伤恩赐 won't go off!
- This PvP build lacks any powerful passive procs or even Toughness, so it may seem rather squishy at first. Good situational awareness and proper use of CDs is what separates a good Support Guardian from a dead one.
- 守护界线 is a powerful tool when used at the right moment. Against Thieves and Revenants for example you can put the ward beneath you and they get CC'd the moment they teleport to you. The ward may also interrupt evade frames such as regular dodging or 匕首风暴 if they bump into it.
- 无私治疗 turns 能量引导 into a very potent self-sustain skill that scales with the number of nearby allies. Not only does this skill already pulse healing to nearby allies, but applying all those Might stacks to them will heal you for a considerable amount.
- While this skill is capable of doing a lot of healing, the fact that it makes you stationary while casting makes it rather bad under pressure. Use it either when you're not the main target or try to CC the enemies first with skills like 吸收护盾.
- 利刃符印 helps with rotating around the map, assuming you have a target you can lock on to. In combat the blind can be used to mitigate incoming damage and the teleport is still valuable especially for vertical mobility. SoB is great at navigating hard terrain, reaching allies at upper levels and leaving enemies behind (once agains assuming you can target an enemy there).
- 狂徒防御 is one of the lowest CD anti-projectile skills in the game and even does decent damage in melee range.
- 专注复苏 is your best defensive cooldown. Complete immunity to both direct and condition based damage (except fall damage) and even CC, this is your "time out" button that also refreshes your virtues. If you're forced into using Renewed Focus because you're getting focused hard by the enemy team and some of your virtues are still up, make sure to use them before you finish channeling the skill as there's no reason not to send them on CD.
- Using this skill only to refresh your virtues is a viable strategy if an ally is on the brink of death and you have nothing else to support them with, but it's a waste of you don't use it as a last resort.
- If you don't have access to stun breaks or Stability and you feel like you're in danger, consider using 专注复苏 before you drop too low. With stun breaks and stability available you may comfortably sit on this skill until the last moment, but without them you don't want to get caught in a CC chain when you're say, below 25% HP.
- Every shout in the build cleanses a total of 2 conditions on you and your allies per use thanks to 纯净之音 and 模板:Gw2rune.
- [[file:|26px|link=]] [[|]] could be used to block important skills for allies, heal them, remove conditions, or all of the above depending on the situation. With 2 charges you are allowed to use this skill more freely.
- "坚守阵地！" (SYG) is one of the two sources of AoE Stability in the build. An extremely powerful skill that has to be used preemptively as it doesn't break stun for allies, only prevents it. It does however break stun on the caster. Of course if you're really desperate for cleansing, you could use it for that too.
- "接受圣光！" can act both as a personal and group sustain tool. This is a powerful AoE heal with a long cast time that'll often have to be protected by Stability while under pressure, so keep that in mind.
- 决心美德 is further empowered by 纯粹决心 , turning this skill into an instant source of AoE cleansing/healing.
- 勇气美德 when traited with 不屈勇气 is one of the few skills in the game that are capable of breaking stun for allies! In that regard it's a better version of SYG.
- Try to use 神圣打击 in one of your symbols whenever possible. Symbols are light fields, executing a blast finisher in them results in AoE condition cleansing.
- Dodge rolling and 圣盾 spamming (specifically through the traits 无私英勇 and 纯洁之心 ) add a lot to your sustained group healing. Try to dodge in the direction of your allies whenever possible to get the most out of Selfless Daring, and stay close to them.
- 吸收护盾 is a very versatile skill:
- The first part of the skill knocks back enemies which could be used to peel for allies or interrupt important skills/action like a 战斗旗帜.
- While channeled, the skill also acts as a Light Field. You could precast 神圣打击 on Staff before swapping weapons and combo it with 吸收护盾 for AoE cleansing.
- The channeled portion also absorbs projectiles and could even shut down a 巫妖形态.
- Finally you may choose to detonate the dome for AoE healing. This could be done right away by double tapping SoA if you don't want to channel the skill at all.
- Couple of things worth mentioning about 仁慈纹章:
- This is easily the most gamechanging skill on your bar, so do not waste it. Just because you have an option to revive people from range doesn't mean you have to do it whenever this skill is available. Keep it for emergency situations where manual rez would be impossible or too risky!
- Try to use it with Stability to increase your odds of success. If possible, break line of sight while channeling the skill (for example run behind a pillar) to make it harder for enemies to interrupt you.
- If you're absolutely certain that your ally is going to die, you can start channeling 仁慈纹章 in advance on your ally's location. With proper timing, the skill should finish its animation a split second after your teammate went down, bringing them back up immediately.
- The signet basically restores a large chunk of downed health all at once. This counts as healing, and is therefore affected by healing reduction effects such as Poison. If your downed ally barely has any HP left and has Poison it's possible that the signet alone won't be enough to get the rez.
- Stack Swiftness for your team before leaving the base! Use 迅捷符印 on the spawn point's exit gate ~4 seconds before the match starts. Each pulse of the symbol stacks 迅捷.