A duelist Dagger/Hammer Spellbreaker PvP build that focuses on CC and boon removal.
Viable choices for the optional slot:
- 公牛冲锋 - mobility, CC, even an evade frame for sustain.
- 防御旗帜 - extra sustain and some group support.
Elite specialization basics
- 全力反击 (FC) recharges your Burst skills 撼地重击 and 突破打击. Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both one of the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Stability, and performs an unblockable AoE CC attack when triggered.
- Both burst skills and Full Counter cost adrenaline. If you only need a little more until you can use them then 通用怒火 can get you there.
- 眼疾手快 reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy.
- Despite its range 公牛冲锋 is best used in melee to make it harder to react to.
- CCing a target removes a boon and deals damage/grants adrenaline via 规避损失 .
- 通用怒火 grants you half a bar of adrenaline on weapon swap. This might not seem like a lot, but it's quite useful especially in situations where you're under pressure and don't have the adrenaline to activate 全力反击. Instead of scrambling to build some a adrenaline a simple weapon swap could get you there.
- Movement skills remove 文件:Immobilize.png Immobilize from you. List of movement skills in the build:
- Both sets are capable of doing a lot of damage, especially with the proper setup.
- When it comes to bursts Hammer is all about landing 凶猛打击 on CC'd foes for extra damage.
- 巨锤冲击 is the only true ranged skill on this set (not counting Earthshaker which is a melee leap). The Cripple makes it easier to catch up to fleeing targets so it has some value other than just doing great damage.
- 突破打击 (BS) deals significantly more damage against boonless targets, Hammer and its 驱法之力 synergy plays an important part in setting up this skill.
- While 突破打击 itself removes boons, the bonus damage is calculated before the boon removal, which means if the target has any boons when this skill lands you're not getting the damage increase, even if Breaching Strike removes all of their remaining boons.
- Going BS ⇒ 全力反击 ⇒ second BS increases the chance of getting the bonus damage on the second Breaching Strike and also makes good use of [[物品/|]].
- 无路可逃 procs an 文件:Immobilize.png Immobilize whenever you stun or daze a target. This is more relevant on the daze, as dazed targets could still move freely if it wasn't for this trait.
- Landing any Burst skill can chain enemies to you via 武者束缚 . While active the tether passively stacks Might for you, increasing your damage while also preventing enemies from entering Stealth. If either of you goes past a certain range the tether breaks but the target gets pulled to you, which makes it a rather powerful CC tool as well.
Conditon cleansing & general survival
- 混斗复元 provides a steady stream of cleansing in combat to help manage condition levels before having to blow CDs.
- 伤势愈合 cleanses 5 conditions and should be used pretty much on CD, assuming you're missing a large chunk of health or need to deal with conditions.
- "重整旗鼓！" (SIO) is both a stun break and a source of condition removal for you and your team.
- 公牛冲锋 is great if you want to run away from pressure as it can build quite the gap while providing an evade frame.
- 痛苦忍耐 is the best defensive skill you could have against direct damage but it has to be used preemptively (unless you used it to break stun). Keep in mind that you're still vulnerable to condition damage, CC, and even life steal from skills such as 附魔匕首!
- Even 撼地重击 could be used defensively as a ground targeted escape tool. A mobility skill is never a bad thing to have for kiting, and with this you could even jump over gaps in the terrain, forcing some specs to go around or blow CDs.
- 怒神附体 is what you use when you quickly want to burst/CC a target, or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone, or run away from a fight.
- CC skills barely do any damage anymore, most of the damage in this form comes from autoattacks and 冲撞.