Power Curses Scourge brings high spike damage without sacrificing the boon removal brought by Devouring Darkness. This build focuses on spiking down opponents and consistent boon corruption.
Swap Axe/x to Staff for an 1200-range powerful ground game. Shines on 'pirate ship' scenarios.
Viable option for better melee AoE damage
- 黑胡椒粉真空烹调肉排 -10%伤害；100威力；70爆伤
Elite especialization basics
- This is how the shade mechanic works: if you have no active shade ( 显形沙影) in the world, all your F2-F5 skills will proc around you. If you do have an active shade, all your shade skills, and related traits, will only affect the active shade area, not you.
- Therefore, depending on you group playstyle, you may not want to place a shade at all, and behave yourself like a mobile shade, doing damage while in melee, and benefiting from the barrier and cleanse. However, being able to 900-range spike can be superior if coordinating shade cooldowns, and knowing when and where to place your 显形沙影. The self support aspect of the shade skills is mostly irrelevant, since you run with dedicated supports in WvW zergs.
- All of your shade skills will proc the strike of 显形沙影 (F1), whichs means you want to instantly use then, as soon as you land your F1, to maximize damage.
- Shroud traits proc as if the shade skills counted as that shroud skill.
- Traits that proc on going in/out of 沙漠之幕
- 邪恶恩惠 and 黄沙瀑布 can be used before landing a shade, for extra barrier and cleanse.
- 沙漠之幕 will continue pulsing if a new shade is summoned at the location of the new shade so there should be no worry about repositioning shades when needed.
- Shade usage order (with enough life force)
Scourge brings strong damage through his shade skills, barrier access and boonrip.
- Positioning, reacting fast and timing your dodges well are key. You don't have evade skills nor immunities like other classes, and your support classes won't be able to babysit you all the time.
- The weapon sets and combinations aren't an agreement. Axe/Torch for example has strong melee pressure, whilst Axe/Focus has an amazing single target spike. The way you choose between weapons is going to be based mainly in your playstyle and in what your group want you to focus on.
- Both your shade and wells skills are really important and shouldnt be used mindlessly. Coordinate these with your group to maximize its effectiveness.
- 沙尘闪耀 will be used for the group barrier share before and during extended engages.
- 痛苦路径 is the only stunbreak in the build. Don't waste if for the stability or the swiftness it gives. Can be also used when pushing melee for the boonrip trail it provides, but its not encouraged.
- 恐怖吐息 is going to be dropped if the enemy is hard commiting into a melee push, to panic disrupt then. Can also be used offensively on melee, to stack AoE fields on top of the enemy stack and lock then down through corrupts and conditions.
- 吞噬黑暗 is your most important skill and one of the reasons why you run the Curses spec. Try to keep it on cooldown when you are in range. You can pre-cast it in 1,200-range, while moving towards the enemy, to avoid downtime.
- Since it has a 10s cooldown, you should be able to cast it twice per weapon swap rotation, as your opener and finisher. It also is one of your main sources of life force in the build.
- 死亡束缚 provides good AoE damage and should be used constantly to maintain AoE pressure.
- 噬灵盛宴 is one of your most powerful melee skills, try to use it as often as possible for AoE boon corruption and extra damage on low targets.
- 恐怖之爪 a strong life force generator and high single target damage skill. Useful for a quick downed cleave.
- 撕裂之爪 is a rather strong filler for single target damage.
Dagger, Focus and Torch
- 痛苦浪潮 decent for melee damage and cleave as well as life force generator.
- 重压崩溃 single target CC. Use it to snare escaping players or interrupt channeled skills.
- 孱弱之血 for the extra AoE Weakness and corrupt. Bear in mind the cast and animation time.
- 刺骨恶寒 deals even more damage on targets with boons. Try to land it on squish foes, like weavers and scourges. It's also a boonrip, not a corrupt skill.
- 灵魂抓攫 and 致命虫群 won't prioritized, being only projectile filler skills. Try to land 灵魂抓攫 on downed bodies, to ensure the projectile will connect, granting some life force and Vulnerability stack. Use 致命虫群 whenever you might need some condi clear.
- Staff auto attacks are low impact and its abilities relatively long cooldowns, so the best use of the weapon is to use its cooldown skills then swap out as soon as possible.
- Use 鲜血印记 and 凛冬印记 to build area condi stacks.
- 腐烂印记 and 夺魂印记 usage should be more careful, don't be afraid to leave them off cooldown when swapping back to S/D.
Weapon skills combos
- 吞噬黑暗 ⇒ Weapon Swap ⇒ 噬灵盛宴 ⇒ 沙漠之幕( 恶灵附体 ) if running Spite variant
- 刺骨恶寒 ⇒ 恐怖之爪
- 吞噬黑暗 ⇒ 孱弱之血